Symbols



Slingshot

Sohrab had the slingshot pointed to Assef's face.
"No more, Agha. Please," he said, his voice husky and trembling. "Stop hurting him."
---From chapter 22.






Kite

"Do you want to try?" I asked. He said nothing. But when I held the string out for him, his hand lifted from his pocket. Hesitated. Took the string. My heart quickened as I spun the spool to gather the loose string. We stood quietly side by side. Necks bent up. ---From chapter 25.




Pomegranate tree

"Then Hassan did pick up a pomegranate. He walked toward me. He opened it and crushed it against his own forehead. "There," he croaked, red dripping down his face like blood. "Are you satisfied? Do you feel better?" He turned around and started down the hill. ---From chapter 8.




No comments:

Post a Comment